By Air Care Heating & Air Conditioning
Should you have your furnace inspected on a yearly basis?
Although most people in Southern California use their furnaces maybe four months out of the year the reality is that it’s an excellent idea to have it inspected on a yearly basis to ensure that it’s functioning properly and to spot any potential problems before they occur.
When Is a Good Time to Have Your Furnace Inspected?
Fall is typically one of the best times of year to have it inspected because this is when homeowners should be getting their homes prepared for the cooler months of the year by doing things like checking the seals around doors and windows, weatherizing (if needed).
How Much Does a Yearly Furnace Inspection Cost?
Depending on the Southern California furnace repair company that you choose, it could cost between $80-$150 to have it inspected.
The good news is spending that money on an annual basis could save you the hassle of paying thousands of dollars in repair costs for repairs which could have been avoided had they been found earlier.
What Does a Yearly Furnace Inspection Involve?
If it’s been a while since your last furnace inspection, your inspection may involve one of the following services:
- Checking the vent system for blockages or leaks.
- Verifying that the outside termination and connections to the furnace are in proper working order.
- Analyzing the combustion gases from your furnace to confirm that they are meeting the specifications of your unit.
- Confirming that the blower access door has a tight seal.
- Reviewing the louvers and intake grills for potential blockages.
- Check the heat exchanger for corrosion or rust.
- Inspecting the burners to confirm that they are igniting properly.
- Viewing the drainage system to confirm that its free of blockages.
Can’t Homeowners Do This on Their Own?
Although it’s common for some homeowners to think that they can inspect their units on their own, the reality is that most people would not know what to look for to complete even a small handful of tasks which are needed to confirm that their furnaces are functioning normally.
The best option that every homeowner should follow, especially if they are located in Southern California, is to call Air Care Heating & Air Conditioning to have their home heating system inspected since this will also help to ensure that all rooms in the home are warm during the winter.
Contact Us Today
To set an appointment for having your furnace inspected contact Air Care Heating & Air Conditioning by calling us at (949) 482-2911 or connect with us online.